Menu

I'm getting scammed on HSC. What do I do if a mo actually arrives?

Just went to the PO and found a "bank check" for $5,875.00 for a $20ppd book...so I'm home printing out all the email correspondence and returning the check and the email to the Postal Inspector. :glare:

Oh yeah. That was from me. I promise it's legit. Go ahead and cash it. :lol:

Sir. Amy

ETA: This is the CIA - the above message was true. Thanks. Sir. CIA.

Oh yeah. That was from me. I promise it's legit. Go ahead and cash it. :lol:

Sir. Amy

ETA: This is the CIA - the above message was true. Thanks. Sir. CIA.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sirs,

Will someone esplain to me how this scam works?

What would happen ME-Mommy tries to deposit that bank check.

Besides CIA involvement? :lol:

It would likely bounce and then she'd be stuck with the fees. If she gave any of the money over to someone else, she'd be out that money, too. That's how the scam works. They send you way too much money. Tell you keep some "for your trouble" but to send a payment for the rest of it (usually a few thousand) back or to someone else. So, then the cheque will bounce and you've already sent off gods know how much of your own money off to gods know where and you're out that money, plus the overdraft, plus the fees.

So be VERY suspicious of anyone trying to pull that on you. They're never legit.

It would likely bounce and then she'd be stuck with the fees. If she gave any of the money over to someone else, she'd be out that money, too. That's how the scam works. They send you way too much money. Tell you keep some "for your trouble" but to send a payment for the rest of it (usually a few thousand) back or to someone else. So, then the cheque will bounce and you've already sent off gods know how much of your own money off to gods know where and you're out that money, plus the overdraft, plus the fees.

So be VERY suspicious of anyone trying to pull that on you. They're never legit.

Thanks. I had heard of this but forgot the details.

I would be very tempted to send an email back letting them know that my d/h happens to be in the CIA as well, and was letting his superiors know about this inter-agency transaction so they could contact the buyer directly and clarify a few things.

It really saddens me how many people must fall for these ridiculous scams.