Menu

question about paypal

Do you all have your paypal accounts linked to your bank account? I am always wary of giving out my bank account number, but you're not allowed to use your paypal account unless you have a bank account linked to it. I have some money in my paypal account from selling some used curriculum, and I'm just dying to order Song School Latin, but paypal won't let me until I give them a bank account number! Is this safe?

I understand your concern. It was years before I finally used Paypal to pay for books I ordered, but now I love the convenience. Dh is really good about keeping an eye on all of our expenses and such, so he would notice right away if something inappropriate were happening with our account.

I have a bank account from where we used to live that I've kept open just for paypal. I keep just enough in that account so that we don't incur any fees + any paypal purchases I might make, but not enough that I'm overly worried about being cleaned out. We've never had any bad issues. Most of the people that I know that have had problems have been scammed by emails into given their info.

Ours is linked too. I find it very convenient when I want to transfer funds from Paypal (when I've sold things) into my bank account. I've had a Paypal account for many years and have not had any issues. The only time I had a problem, a seller of something I bought died before I got my item! Paypal refunded my money!

a second account to link to paypal. I'm almost certain paypal is safe, but it just made me feel better. :001_smile: Also, I was able to put my mad money in there and not be tempted to tap into anything more. I'm not good at fighting the spending temptation, so a small balance helps things.

I use my Pay Pal to pay for things and I don't have a bank account attached to it. I just use what is in the account.

Really? They won't let me do that. They say in order to raise my sending limit, I have to link to a bank account. Maybe they've changed something in their policies since you opened your account.

I just opened my account in the past 3 months. Maybe I haven't spent enough out of it for them to make me link a checking account yet. I don't know. I just know I use the money in it to purchase online things and have done it several times with no problems.