Menu

Currclick.com sale - any must-buys?

nansk

Happy Scribe had a huge bundle on sale, but I don't know if it was part of this back-to-school sale or their own separate thing. I got about a dozen different copywork sets for $15, including a lot of history stuff and their monthly sets, plus some of the "master writer" books for older kids. This is plenty of copywork for the rest of my homeschooling career. :001_smile:

I noticed several spelling programs in the free list.

Really? Which ones? Could you link/list them?

Not that I need them; we are happy with Webster's & Word Mastery, but it does help to keep things in our resource files for later.

Happy Scribe had a huge bundle on sale, but I don't know if it was part of this back-to-school sale or their own separate thing. I got about a dozen different copywork sets for $15, including a lot of history stuff and their monthly sets, plus some of the "master writer" books for older kids. This is plenty of copywork for the rest of my homeschooling career. :001_smile:

Also, on the Happy Scribe web site, I saw this week, that the entire set of 35 books is on sale for $8! That is an unbelievable deal, imo. If only they had the italics font. :glare:

Really? Which ones? Could you link/list them?

Not that I need them; we are happy with Webster's & Word Mastery, but it does help to keep things in our resource files for later.

Yes, I will do this later as I am short on time and their website was SLOWWWW before. :) I can tell you I just clicked on the free button and two came up on the first page. There was one more. I think if you searched free spelling on their site you might find it.

Also, on the Happy Scribe web site, I saw this week, that the entire set of 35 books is on sale for $8! That is an unbelievable deal, imo. If only they had the italics font. :glare:

Got Start Write? You could just type up what they give you in that.

http://rainbowresource.com/product/Start+Write+5.0+Windows-Mac+CD-ROM/003476/1275252210-355438

Here's the link for the sale on the Happy Scribe mega-bundle:

http://www.happyscribecopybooks.com/hsc-deals.html

Got Start Write? You could just type up what they give you in that.

Thanks, Angie. I do use StartWrite.

Another forum member also suggested this to me earlier (she does the same). It's just that it is a lot of work and it sort-of defeats the purpose of buying readymade copywork. If I have to do it by hand, I may as well use copywork from our read-alouds and be done with it.

Still thinking....

Yes, I will do this later as I am short on time and their website was SLOWWWW before. :) I can tell you I just clicked on the free button and two came up on the first page. There was one more. I think if you searched free spelling on their site you might find it.

Hi,

I looked at the spelling programs under the Back-to-Homeschool sale page and only found one that was free - Differentiated Spelling (and that was only one level). If you do manage to locate the others, please list them here. Thanks!

BTW (not related, but) I am not happy with the 'tags' of most of the items listed on currclick. When I clicked on the 'Spelling' tag for instance, most of the items listed were copywork and learning ABC :glare:

Hi,

I looked at the spelling programs under the Back-to-Homeschool sale page and only found one that was free - Differentiated Spelling (and that was only one level). If you do manage to locate the others, please list them here. Thanks!

BTW (not related, but) I am not happy with the 'tags' of most of the items listed on currclick. When I clicked on the 'Spelling' tag for instance, most of the items listed were copywork and learning ABC :glare:

Well, on closer inspection I don't really think they are spelling programs. One is called First Step Elementary Spelling and the other is First Step Starter Spelling. Since I'm not ready to buy a spelling program I found the advice in the sample helpful, but not much there really. The other thing I saw was a spelling assessment. I had been scrolling pretty quickly the first time, so I just saw the word spelling.:D