Menu

Can I use Stand. Edi. workbooks 4A, 4B along with SM US edi. textbooks 4A, 4B

JadeOrchidSong

I bought HIG 4A, 4B, Textbooks 4A, 4B and IP 4A, 4B a few months ago. I wonder if I could use Stand. Edi. workbooks with these. What do you think?

Otherwise I will have to buy all standard edition textbooks? I have never used HIG for SM primary 1, 2, or 3. I don't really plan to use it now at 4 unless it is very necessary.

J

The Standards ed. and US ed. are not compatible. I'm sure you could, but they aren't going to match up exactly and there will becontent that is in one, but not the other.

If you go to Singapore Math's website it lists the differences between the two so you can see for yourself if want to try and make it work.

You can't use them together :(

You will have to either get US workbooks, or Standards textbooks and workbooks.

You could probably get by without the HIG, but if you need it, they are not interchangeable either. The IP books are fine either way.

Is there a reason you can't use the US workbooks for 4 and switch to Standards for 5?

The Standards Ed. and US Ed. books don't line up at all - just look at their TOCs. I'd personally just buy US Ed. workbooks. That's essentially what I'm doing for my youngest, as I already have all the texts from her older sisters. I don't feel like re-inventing the wheel at this point.

I bought HIG 4A, 4B, Textbooks 4A, 4B and IP 4A, 4B a few months ago. I wonder if I could use Stand. Edi. workbooks with these. What do you think?

Otherwise I will have to buy all standard edition textbooks? I have never used HIG for SM primary 1, 2, or 3. I don't really plan to use it now at 4 unless it is very necessary.

J

I don't know about 4, but for three I have the US edition text and I'm working with the standards workbook. There are some extra things in the workbook, rounding is the first one I've come to, but I get out my whiteboard and teach it, and go from there. You'd have to have someone who knows 4 go through it for you, but it may be possible, because I looked it over for three and you can.

P.S, I'm going back to US edition. The standards is a hair too cluttered. It prints out, for more independent work, many of the steps I walk him through and teach. And darn it, I'm having too much fun teaching it to give it up.

I did US edi. 1, and 2. I bought Stand Edi 3.

I am using Stand. Edi. 3A, 3B now. But I have the US Edi. for 4 except the workbooks. Just like the previous mom said, I think I can teach without having to line them up closely. On the other hand it is nice to have it lined up. I probably will go back to US edi workbooks.

Thanks for helping me think.

J