Menu

The Daring and Double-Daring Books for Girls-you could make a curric out of these!

HappyGrace

You really need to get these books if you don't have them-so much fun learning! Dd10 loves them and I was thinking today that I could seriously make a whole school year out of using these as jumping off points if I had to-it's all there; history, sci, math, trivia-all in a fun way! I assume the boy one is just as good (Dangerous Book for Boys).

If we weren't lined up for TOG this year, I think I'd do it! :)

We have both the Boys' and Girls' versions of these books, and they were used almost exclusively for our first 6 months of homeschooling (DD was 9 at the time) while I was researching what else to use for her. The first thing she did was request a swiss army knife and all the other recommended must-haves. :)

She still spends time with them on the weekends or if she's bored. I was happy I bought them!

Thanks for the idea. I bought the boy's version for my 16 year old brother when he was younger. I can see my girls, especially my 9 year old, really getting into these books. She's a very active, hands on, avidly curious person. Going to have to order these from Amazon right now. :)