Menu

Mens shoes size 10.5 EEEE, where to buy cheaply online??

My 10 year old son (birthday was May) was just measured for new shoes and needs a 10 1/2 mens in a 4E width. :eek::svengo: Fortunately grandpa was there to buy the $150 pair at the store so he would have some for church at least, but I don't want to spend that much for play shoes KWIM?? I have looked at stores locally and no one carries that width except the specialty store we bought the expensive pair at. He can wear sandals a bit longer but even those are getting too short and too narrow. Just 2 months ago he was wearing a 9.

Yes, his foot was measured correctly. I had it remeasured at 2 other stores. And yes, it is a big foot. His pediatrician projects his future height to be 6 ft 8 inches. He is already 5ft 3. And no, he hates basketball. He loves bowling though :D

I totally feel for you! My sons have big feet (but not quite the size you are looking for). They wear anywhere from a 12 to 14w. I have had to resort to the specialty stores on occasion for rare "need it now" in the past. But many times, they have found shoes at Big Five - usually around $50 or so. Not exactly my idea of cheap, but better than $100 +.

Have you tried a google search with the words in parenthesis? I have sometimes found that to be effective.

Good Luck!

I don't know about cheap. My brother and I have huge feet. Mine are 10.5 EE and his are 13.5EEE. I don't know about EEEE. We wear a lot of flip flops because I live in a warm place and they are more forgiving i the width department. Sometimes we just get shoes that are too long so we can have the width we need. When I need something that fits right I order New Balances from Zappos.com. Sometimes I can find something for less than $60 on clearance.

Guest ME-Mommy

My dh is 6'4" and wears a 14 EEE...we buy his shoes from a New Balance Outlet Store...do you have one near you??

The store we go to carries Dunham's as well -- they usually have dress shoes, hiking shoes, work boots, and sandals.

I don't think I've ever paid more than $35 for a pair of sneakers/shoes.

My dh is 6'4" and wears a 14 EEE...we buy his shoes from a New Balance Outlet Store...do you have one near you??

The store we go to carries Dunham's as well -- they usually have dress shoes, hiking shoes, work boots, and sandals.

I don't think I've ever paid more than $35 for a pair of sneakers/shoes.

Thanks everyone. I will keep looking (and hope someone can share more places to look). Unfortunately there are no outlet stores within 5 hours of us. I know New Balance works though - those $150 shoes were New Balance.

Guest ME-Mommy

Well, here's a thought...

The New Balance Tent Sale will be coming up in August and I go every year. We get AMAZING deals -- even cheaper than what I posted previously. :)

I would be willing to look while I'm there -- and if I knew what you were looking for and what you're willing to spend, I would pick them up and ship them to you.

You can think about it...

I know how hard it is to find large shoes...not only am I shopping for "Big Foot" dh, I have a daughter that wears a Women's 11 EEE.:w00t:

Dh and ds have to find shoes in better shoe stores. We usually buy that first pair from that store. Then, we find that model by searching online and order from there until that model is discontinued. Dh is 11 EEE. Ds is 12EEEE. Zappos that someone else mentioned does sound familiar. Dh usually is in charge of finding their shoes.