Menu

If you live in the mid-west.....

Does your local college/university offer meteorology degrees? Is it affordable for out of state residents? I don't mean the big ones. I'm looking for smaller regional schools that are affordable.

I found one in Connecticut that offers meteorology and is very affordable - under $20,000 per year for tuition and room and board. It made me wonder if there are others like it. My son would love to be in the mid-west....

Looking forward to hearing what's out there. I'm googling, too - not being lazy. But I hadn't found the Connecticut one until someone else mentioned it.

Does your local college/university offer meteorology degrees? Is it affordable for out of state residents? I don't mean the big ones. I'm looking for smaller regional schools that are affordable.

I found one in Connecticut that offers meteorology and is very affordable - under $20,000 per year for tuition and room and board. It made me wonder if there are others like it. My son would love to be in the mid-west....

Looking forward to hearing what's out there. I'm googling, too - not being lazy. But I hadn't found the Connecticut one until someone else mentioned it.[/quote

What college?

Looking forward to hearing what's out there. I'm googling, too - not being lazy. But I hadn't found the Connecticut one until someone else mentioned it.[/quote

What college?

Western Connecticut State University

Look at Valparaiso University in Indiana. My son will be attending there ... leaving in a week.. though he is not a meterology major. It is a wonderful school, small around 4000 students, great financial aid (not sure about internationals though) and is rated #1 for meterology majors. It is about 1 hour outside of Chicago in Indiana - 15 minutes from Lake Michigan.

I second Valparaiso in Indiana, near Chicago. A friend's daughter went there and was thrilled with their meteorology program.

I just read over its information and it sound terrific....but it's just as pricey as Oklahoma University - about $40,000 per year. We'll keep it on the list, but it will be a "stretch" school, not a given.