Menu

Rainbow Resource: Do They Send an Email

I really don't like ordering from RR but I was tempted with the free shipping :blush:. It's been so long since I ordered from them. I'm wondering if they send a tracking number. I called last Tuesday and the rep said they are holding my order for a week because of an item that was on back order:smash: it should have shipped this past Monday but I haven't received any emails :glare:. I'm in organizing mode and want my stuff;).

Guest Alte Veste Academy

I have never received a shipping notice or tracking number from RR. I find it kind of annoying because everyone else does it. Still, I get my stuff in a reasonably timely manner, safe and secure, so I let it go. :D

I have always found Rainbow to be a bit slower than most other companies in shipping. And I never get a tracking number or email telling when to expect shipment. However, they usually can't be beat for their selection and price so I tolerate the wait and lack of communication. Oh, and I feel your pain about being in organizing mode and having to wait on books...nothing worse than that!

I base my shipping time on by my bank statement. I read that they don't ship out until payment was collected (which is not usually at the time of ordering). That can take up to a week, then you add the 7-10 or whatever time on shipping by UPS.

I know it's longer than most by like a PP mentioned, you can't beat the price especially with the free shipping on orders $150 or more.

I'm impatient and spoiled by Amazon's free 2-day shipping. So when I order from Rainbow Resource, I pay the extra $10 for them to ship out my order faster. I don't pay expedited shipping though. So from the time of my order, they usually send it out the next business day, and I get it 2-3 business days after that, via UPS.

I get a tracking email the morning after it shipped, which is nice, as I can see the tracking info by then. I also only have to wait a few days.

I got an email with a tracking number in it. I will say that I was extremely frustrated with them the last several weeks. When I got my first shipment they got one item wrong. The lady told me to have it boxed up and UPS would be to pick it up on such and such day. That day came and no one came to pick it up, but in the meantime my replacement item came and guess what? It was again the wrong thing. UGH!!! I was so mad. I called and said that they again had messed up and what do I do now. She told me they would have to adjust the pick up order and to put both items in one box. UPS had apparently messed up the first pick up and was to pick up the week after. Finally, after 3 weeks of this back and forth stuff they got my order right and UPS picked up both "wrong" items.

For me CBD is just as comparable on prices and their service is much better than RR.

I'm impatient and spoiled by Amazon's free 2-day shipping. So when I order from Rainbow Resource, I pay the extra $10 for them to ship out my order faster. I don't pay expedited shipping though. So from the time of my order, they usually send it out the next business day, and I get it 2-3 business days after that, via UPS.

I get a tracking email the morning after it shipped, which is nice, as I can see the tracking info by then. I also only have to wait a few days.

Angela -

How do you get free Amazon 2 day shipping? Do you have Amazon Prime( but then you would be paying for it - so not really free)? Or a college student at home?

I got an email with a tracking number in it. I will say that I was extremely frustrated with them the last several weeks. When I got my first shipment they got one item wrong. The lady told me to have it boxed up and UPS would be to pick it up on such and such day. That day came and no one came to pick it up, but in the meantime my replacement item came and guess what? It was again the wrong thing. UGH!!! I was so mad. I called and said that they again had messed up and what do I do now. She told me they would have to adjust the pick up order and to put both items in one box. UPS had apparently messed up the first pick up and was to pick up the week after. Finally, after 3 weeks of this back and forth stuff they got my order right and UPS picked up both "wrong" items.

For me CBD is just as comparable on prices and their service is much better than RR.

Forgive a newbie, but what is CPD?

I've never gotten an e-mail or tracking number from RR, but the service has always been fast. If you're worried about an order, I'd call or e-mail. I've always gotten a quick, friendly response.

Christine W

I love RR and order from them several times per year. They e-mail the tracking number to me on the same day I get my package. But I live in a neighboring state AND in a city with quite a large UPS hub. It's like free next day delivery :001_smile:

Hope your books come soon!

ETA: I can't understand why I always get tracking numbers and other people don't. I wonder if you have to set your account up a certain way?

Edited by silliness7

Thank you ladies. Yes, the reps are really nice. I just don't like the delayed shipping :tongue_smilie: I'm used to CBD (Christian Book Distributors) but I didn't want to pay shipping, plus RR had an item that CBD didn't have thus ordering from RR this time. Then I'm this organizing mode which doesn't help :)

I think I'll email CBD and let them know that they should offer free shipping on an order that is a certain amount :D

Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised and my box will arrive between now and Saturday :001_rolleyes:

I've had the same thing happen to me. In my case, I just swallow the $8 workbook. I just didn't care to go through the hassle.

:iagree:with this whole heartly.

Well, keep in mind that I live in the remote mountains, and I use Amazon for everyday little things. Yesterday I got printer cartridges. The day before $5 handwriting grips. The day before was an Art-a-Day Calendar. Kitchen stuff. Household stuff. Books sometimes. Sure beats running to the store when I can have things delivered to my doorstep! :) Sorry to go off topic, but didn't want anyone to think I was getting loads of fun books everyday (although that would certainly rock!)

How fun :D

Guest ME-Mommy
Forgive a newbie, but what is CPD?

Christine W

CBD = Christian Book Distributors...a great company in Massachusetts...very quick shipping, very friendly customer service...never been disappointed.

Right now they are offering FREE shipping if you order $35 or more... :)

Angela in Ohio: I have Amazon Prime. To me, it's free because I order almost every day from Amazon. Figure 10+ packages a week with fast 2-day shipping that I no longer pay for and it results to "free". :)

Amazon Prime is on wish list this holiday season to give to myself. This will be my Christmas present this year.:)

CBD = Christian Book Distributors...a great company in Massachusetts...very quick shipping, very friendly customer service...never been disappointed.

Right now they are offering FREE shipping if you order $35 or more... :)

:iagree: this is the route I usually go:001_smile: although their coupon codes drive me crazy:willy_nilly:for some reason it never takes the first time:glare:. I ordered a complete Bob Jones Heritage Study yesterday and that was free shipping :hurray: but I couldn't add the timeline :( because then the shipping would have been added. I'll wait until I have more stuff then add the timeline in later.

I've been very happy with RR, even when items have been on backorder. I understand why they would hold the order when the shipping is free. One time they ssent me my order anyway because the backordered stuff was going to take longer than anticipated. I also get an email with tracking number.

As far as the prices, they are better than CBD. I've put my items in both stores' carts to compare, and RR is always less. Plus, they have a better selection.

I've been very happy with RR, even when items have been on backorder. I understand why they would hold the order when the shipping is free. One time they sent me my order anyway because the back ordered stuff was going to take longer than anticipated. I also get an email with tracking number.

As far as the prices, they are better than CBD. I've put my items in both stores' carts to compare, and RR is always less. Plus, they have a better selection.

Yes, I understand with free shipping but I did have to order over a $100.00 to get my free shipping. Again, their customer service is great. Products are wonderful but it just takes forever.

Normally I just prefer to go CBD route and get my stuff more quickly but since my order was so big I wanted free shipping :D

When I have a large order with RR it seems something is always back ordered which is fine but I don't like them holding my order for it.

Anyway, I'm happily waiting for my order so I can dig through the box :)

I always get a tracking code from RR. It's funny though that because I'm fairly close to their warehouse location, I get my items the day the tracking code is emailed.

Please keep in mind that RR is a family operated business ran by a homeschooling family. Yes, they have hired additional individuals as they have grown, but it is still family owned and operated whereas CBD and Amazon aren't.

Guest aquiverfull

I've ordered several times from RR in the past. Sometimes I get a tracking number and others I did not. I just put in a small order on Saturday and received my shipping notice with tracking number this morning. They've always sent my order in a very timely manner. I've been very pleased with them.