Menu

Toyota Sienna owners

We have a 1998 Sienna...never have had a problem. Recently, we have noticed a wobble in the rear around 20-25 miles per hour when both accelerating and slowing down. Then, more of a shaking when you get to highway speeds of around 60-65mph. It smooths out when you reach 70mph. We've had the car checked out and the tech just can't figure it out. The place we take it to specializes in Hondas and Toyotas.

Have any of you experienced this with your Sienna? Is it time to take it to the dealership? Sigh...

Thanks!

~Holly

Have any of you experienced this with your Sienna? Is it time to take it to the dealership? Sigh...

We've owned two and have close tabs on both even now (my sister drives one, we're driving the other). We've not experienced anything like that with either of them (2001 and 2005). Hope you figure out the problem!

:iagree: that's what I was thinking too...alignment

I just got off the phone with dh (works at a dealership). He said alignment would cause a pull and poor handling at any speed, not a vibration or wobble.

It's more likely one or both tires are out of balance, or road-force variation of the tire caused by damage to a tire.

Check for damage to the tire, missing weights, a chunk of mud or snow on one portion of the wheel.

hth

K

Thanks! We've had the tires balanced...and, it didn't help. However, we did have it checked out yesterday and needed the front CV joint (?) replaced and new shocks in the back. It has helped...but, I swear I still feel a tiny wobble.

It's due for an alignment. I'll get that done.

Thanks!

~Holly

Ya know...I'm wondering it that could be it. My DH...who likes to watch money closely even though he makes a fine living...only had my 2 rear tires replaced about 6 months ago. He said the front ones were fine. Sigh... Smiles!!

I'm wondering if that could be it!? The front and back tired are different brands.

Thanks!

~Holly