Menu

Apologia Sciences - CD-Rom or Textbook

does not like the Cd-Rom. Last year we used the General Science Text and this year we have Physical Science on CD. She hates the fact that she is restricted to the computer to read her lessons. We printed some out but I thought it to be a waste of paper and ink. We just liked the accessibilty of the texts better.

It was much easier for them to take the text book with them to perform their labs. Plus, they just prefer to have the book in their hands to complete their reading and find it easier to flip through to find answers. But, that's just us.

Reading the text once through on the computer is ok, but when the student is searching for answers when responding to questions, it is frustrating. My dd has done an on-line class this year, with an on-line textbook. After 2 weeks she BEGGED me to find the textbook and buy it. So, even our tech savy youth can find attempting to flip through a text on the computer frustrating. The other thing, is that she often puts stickies in the place where she notes something of significance, which she expects will be on the test...then after a read through she returns and makes notes on those sections. Can't put stickies on computer pages :tongue_smilie:

We've only ever used the books but next year my ds asked to try the cds for Physics. We'll see how it goes..maybe I'll be looking for a used textbook to balance it out.

My dd is currently doing Physical Science and I can't imagine her sitting at the computer as she needs to read and re-read the material before she feels she has a grasp of it.

Blessings,

Sandy

We like the BOOK.

We also bought the CDrom that you get for $15 to go with it. It has the experimenty stuff.

A great choice for our family. I am glad we went the book route.

Besides- the Ebook CD thing is HARD to re-sell from what I understand. Which makes sense to me as computer material outdates quickly but printed books still can be read! :)