Menu

Anyone used Noeo Science without the Young Scientist Club Kits?

I'm considering using Noeo Chemistry 2 for Science next year. I'm wondering if anyone has used this curriculum without using the Young Scientist Club Kits? It looks like each kit is only scheduled for one week. I'm ordering from Rainbow Resource and I would need to buy three sets of kits for $20 each to have the scheduled kits, that's $60 and I'd only be using 5 of the 9 kits I'd be buying. They look very simplistic and don't appear to contain much. If, for example air experiments are scheduled for one week and water experiments for one week, how feasible would it be to supplement my own water and air related experiments for those weeks? The only kit I'm thinking of not leaving out is the Polymers one because I'm not sure I could easily find experiments to replace it. The Air, Water, and Surface Tension ones I think I could manage, and probably the Acids and Bases as well. Would we be missing something vital if I supplemented with my own materials? I would like to hear opinions from those who've done without, but also those who've used the kits as well. :)

Edited by ThreeBlessings

We did Noeo Chem 2 last year and made it thru the entire year without using any of the kits. We just used the experiments described in the other books. From past Noeo sets, I don't like the kits anyway. I think it's fine to skip them and do your own experiments.