Menu

If you live in Japan...

We are starting our study of Japanese. I would LOVE to have some hiragana magnets like these:

Hiragana magnets

I haven't been able to find any American websites where I can order them. I thought someone in Japan might be willing to pick me up a set (or two) and ship them to me.

Are these hard to find there? Or do they have educational supply stores there, like we do here?

Wendi

I can look around when I'm out and I'll let you know if I find any. Which set are you wanting to buy?

I would have to mail them to you via USPS Priority mail or it would take about 2 months for you to get them.

It may be a week or so before I have a chance to look for them.

I can look around when I'm out and I'll let you know if I find any. Which set are you wanting to buy?

I would have to mail them to you via USPS Priority mail or it would take about 2 months for you to get them.

It may be a week or so before I have a chance to look for them.

I want the magnets of hiragana characters. I'd like three sets if they're not too expensive. I'm hoping shipping won't be too horrible, if you put them all in a big sturdy padded envelope.

So do let me know if you find them, and how much they cost. I have also emailed the company that makes them, to find out if I can order directly from them, or if there's a U.S. website or store that sells them.

Arigato gozaimasu!

Wendi

Wendi, those magnets are cute, but if you're not able to get them, you may want to make them. Just buy the magnetic sheets at a crafts store, and print out the characters and glue them. For a 13 yo, this may be more useful - and you can make as many as you like. Just a thought. :)

My dd 13 saw this post and was very excited. She is starting her 2nd year of Japanese and thought those magnets were the "Coolest"...I really hope they are sold here in the usa somewhere or can be purchased from the manufacturer. I would love to have the for my oldest 2 DD's.

Wendi' date=' those magnets are cute, but if you're not able to get them, you may want to make them. Just buy the magnetic sheets at a crafts store, and print out the characters and glue them. For a 13 yo, this may be more useful - and you can make as many as you like. Just a thought. :)[/quote']

I just found out about those printable magnet sheets! That's my backup plan, if the magnets aren't available or would be too expensive.

Wendi

We are starting our study of Japanese. I would LOVE to have some hiragana magnets like these:

Hiragana magnets

I haven't been able to find any American websites where I can order them. I thought someone in Japan might be willing to pick me up a set (or two) and ship them to me.

Are these hard to find there? Or do they have educational supply stores there, like we do here?

Wendi

I'm running to the Y100 (100 yen) store tomorrow. Let me see what they have available.

Kris