Menu

Please Help me name my homeschool.

I like Arrows for him Christian Academy. I want something Biblical based on our faith. Thanks so much for your ideas and help.

I think I'd drop the "For Him" part. Arrows Academy or Arrows Christian Academy or (The) Arrow School or Arrow Training Center or Arrow Learning Center. I'm a Christian so I'm not calling into question the validity of the "for Him" part, just trying to make the name sound more schoolish. Then people can ask you what it means -- and you can have the opportunity to tell them.

We're St. Scholastica's School for Silly Scholars and have been for years. Sometime we think of using St. Bernard's Brainery and plan to use St. Augustin's Academy of Academic Angst for high school. That's a joke, btw.

You may feel free to use any of those.

:001_smile:

I think I'd drop the "For Him" part. Arrows Academy or Arrows Christian Academy or (The) Arrow School or Arrow Training Center or Arrow Learning Center. I'm a Christian so I'm not calling into question the validity of the "for Him" part, just trying to make the name sound more schoolish. Then people can ask you what it means -- and you can have the opportunity to tell them.

:iagree:

I live in NC (and for some reason I was thinking that you do, too, Susan?) and home schools are considered to be "non-public schools" in a similar category to a church school or other private school. The name will appear on mailings from the DNPE and you will occasionally want to use it when requesting catalogs or buying from companies who want a school name on the invoice.

In NC, the name you pick at the beginning is the name you are stuck with. DNPE will not allow a name change, so that's something to keep in mind.

Having said all that, our school is Grace Covenant Academy because it reflects our beliefs and some of our goals in educating our children. When we picked it, we thought it was schoolish enough that it could be a private school name. My daughter has had to list her school name on camp forms and things like that over the years and says that most people have just assumed she went to a church-affiliated private school.

If I had to do it over again, I might pick something more generic and not indicative of our faith...maybe. But that's just because I have a paranoid moment now and then.:001_huh: