Menu

Has anyone out there converted cassette recordings to digital?

HSMom2One

I know it can be done yourself with the right setup, but it seems too technical and time consuming for me. I'd like to have someone convert the Power-Glide French lessons I was given recently from cassettes to digital. Ideally, I'd like to have the lessons on an iPod for my daughter to practice between lessons. (I could have done this with a newer set that comes with CD's, but a generous friend gave me a brand new set, never used with cassettes.)

Is this expensive to have done by a professional?

Blessings,

Lucinda

Does your computer have a microphone? If so, you can download audacity software (free). It will convert any audio to an mp3. Here's a bonus... you can also read anything yourself into the mic and convert it to an mp3 (think memory work, spelling lists, read aloud chapter books).

Get a cable that will go from the headphone jack of your cassette player to the microphone jack of your computer. You'll need audio software. I used Goldwave. You'll need to play each cassette, and use the software to record it.

I always wondered! :D

There is a small white audio jack cable that came with my ipod. I hooked that into my cassette player and then into my computer. I downloaded audacity and converted all of my Hooked on Phonics over to CD. It was so super simple and just loved the results.