Menu

Hey Lebron -- wow, just wow...

what a humiliating kick in the crotch *for Cleveland.

Well, yeah, what with the way he went about the whole thing. What a ridiculous, narcissistic production. But regardless of the present and future, Cavs fans (including my dad, who's originally from Akron) have King James to thank for the u-turn that happened over these past seven years.

*name that song

Ah, the Police. Memories!

I'm in the dark, here. Why are so many people mad at him? I get that he didn't resign with Cleveland and he didn't sign with NY, but why is that making so many people mad? I understand it has something to do with how he made the announcement.

The hometown is mad that he didn't re-sign...'we love you we love you we love you...you're leaving? we hate you we hate you we hate you.' He was probably Cleveland's best chance at a World Championship in sports, for the next 10 years at least. FWIW, he's a AKRON guy, NOT A CLEVELAND GUY...believe me, that means something in Ohio, but might seem weird from elsewhere else...

I think the 'big build-up' is off-putting...like the whole world is holding its breath to hear where you are going to go to put a ball in a hole? Who cares? I got socks to sort...I'll read about it later...

as far as the choice, I say make the money where you can...a torn ACL could be right around the corner...you never know.

The hometown is mad that he didn't re-sign...'we love you we love you we love you...you're leaving? we hate you we hate you we hate you.'

Right. It's plain ol' disappointment from people who expected, right or wrong, for the hometown boy to stay home. And some see it as a cop-out, akin to leaving a job unfinished. But the ultimate bitterness, I think, stems from the way in which he went about making the announcement. It understandably feels like an embarrassment and slap in the face to a city/region that's seemingly always in the midst of tough times, be it economically or athletically.

FWIW, he's a AKRON guy, NOT A CLEVELAND GUY...believe me, that means something in Ohio, but might seem weird from elsewhere else...

Oh, you'd better believe it means something. If you're from Akron, hearing anyone tell the world they love Akron is a much-needed morale boost.;)