Menu

AWANA's book source?

Is there any way to purchase AWANA books other than from your own club? I am wanting to go ahead and purchase the books DD and DS will be using in the fall, which would be the second book in Sparks (Wing Runner, I think) and the second T&T book so I can enter their verses in as memory work in HST+ while I have some extra time this summer. Our club leader is also our children's minister and will not sell them to me early - lots of other issues there, so let's just leave it at that. Purchasing from our club before the first night of AWANA in the fall is not an option.

I am not planning on letting my kids start early, I just want to get organized and I count AWANA as part of our Bible credit for school. I tried calling the national AWANA offices and they are closed this week. I printed the outlines from the AWANA website, which helps for planning, but I was hoping to put the actual verses, word for word, in HST+ so they would print on the assignment sheets. I know I could look them up from the outlines but sometimes they don't use the entire verse. I want to make sure what the kids are working on matches what is in their book.

So does anyone know how I can get my hands on these books if my own club leader won't sell them to me?

Our church won't let you buy them early either. It must be Awana club rules or something.

Do you know of anyone whose child used that book last year?

My son used the old editions (Hiker, Climber) so we can't be of any help.

Here is the Awana store

http://store.awana.org/

Not sure if you can order the verse books as an individual. My mom is the secretary at her church and does all the orders. I'll pop her a quick email:)

(Maybe try registering to see if that shows up more items to order https://store.awana.org/AwanaRegistration.aspx ?)

Edited by myfatherslily

Here is the Awana store

http://store.awana.org/

Not sure if you can order the verse books as an individual. My mom is the secretary at her church and does all the orders. I'll pop her a quick email:)

(Maybe try registering to see if that shows up more items to order https://store.awana.org/AwanaRegistration.aspx ?)

Email me and I'll help you out. I have last year's (finished in May 2010) T&T book 2 and Sparks Book 2 Wing Runner. I see no problem with this as you explain it!

ljdeerparkATaol.com

lisa

Edited by 74Heaven

Thanks for the suggestions and offer to help!! :grouphug: I had thought about tryign to borrow from someone that had already completed them, I was jsut thinking if I could buy them I wouldn't have to put anyone else out, KWIM?

Thanks again!!

Here's what my mom replied:

"Hmmmm, I don't think individuals can purchase the handbooks. And some folks might think it unfair if someone got their handbook early. We usually make the clubbers wait until Awana starts to get their next handbook. I don't think it is a rule, we just do it that way. That way we know they have moved up to the next grade. We have had special requests for early books but I can't think of one specifically. And I do believe we run it past the director first. Each church has their own rules about such nonsense."

And she's right. Someone probably would think it was unfair for children to memorize scripture out of turn:tongue_smilie:

I just wanted to say thanks again for the help. With the info shared here and the AWANA website, plus an online Bible resource, I have jsut spent the last several hours putting it all together in Homeschool Tracker :) . Now, I only have to figure out how to get the review/extra credit book, LOL!

If anyoen uses HST+ and would like the lesson plan file I created for the WingRunner book, I will be glad to share. Just message me.