Menu

Using Google Calendar as a planner?

• 2 weeks later...

Ooooohhhhhh. Ok. Now you have started something.

I have used Google calendar before. I like it. I just like my large squared desk calendar better. But.....I never thought of using Google Calendar to put my kid's homeschooling timetables on.....guess what I will be doing today.

Thanks for the idea!

We have just found a new and wonderful use for Google Calender. We now have a family calender, it syncs to all our individual google calenders, and we all add our appointments etc into it. Then our iPhones/iPods sync to our google calenders, and voila! Everyone knows what is on everyone elses schedule, no more ringing DH to ask him if he has anything on on Thursday. It's a little piece of genius.

Because of this thread I looked into GCalendar. I am trying to figure out how to make each school subject a different color . . . any ideas? When I went to "Help" I just see a lot of folks begging Google for a color code feature. If I want color coded subjects will I have to make a new calendar for each one? Help!

Because of this thread I looked into GCalendar. I am trying to figure out how to make each school subject a different color . . . any ideas? When I went to "Help" I just see a lot of folks begging Google for a color code feature. If I want color coded subjects will I have to make a new calendar for each one? Help!

As far as I know yes, you probably need to make a different calendar for each subject. I think thats one of the ways Gcalendar works- you make multiple calendars, and each is a different colour, so you can see whether the kids' schedule clashes with your dh's etc.