Menu

Can someone assure me doing HOD BEYOND as written will be enough for 2nd grade...

She is going to do BJU 2nd grade online math (with me beside her), but that may be my only change to the program and it makes me nervous. :001_huh: I have AAS & WWE level I to use if needed. She has completed half of WWE I already so I may have her finish that up if it's not too much with Beyond. I thought about using AAS to review some spelling rules if needed. Just copywork for spelling makes me a little nervous too.

:lurk5:

Edited by 1GirlTwinBoys

I think it will be enough. There seems to be more than just copywork for spelling. I have the guide and I'm considering using the history portion for my dc(8). The K-3 yrs seem to be very gentle. I've heard that the yrs beyond those are really beefed up. Again, it depends on your style.

To answer your question, I think that it is enough for 2nd grade!

I think the beauty of HOD guides is that you absolutely can do AAS if you choose and WWE, and even FLL if you want. FLL and WWE don't take very long and probably won't feel burdensome on top of Beyond.

Do you have other areas that you feel Beyond won't be enough? Have you picked out Story time selections yet? If you feel like your dc can handle "more" in the content areas you can increase the level there in your story time books - especially if the guide "fits" well now and starts to feel "easy" at the end of the year you can up the level through story time. I wouldn't buy any storytime packages - give yourself the freedom to choose that block to meet your own needs. You also have freedom in the phonics/emerging readers/readers assignments if I remember correctly.

I don't think you need WWE and AAS with HOD guides as they include spelling / copywork / dictation/ narration but WWE takes very little time so it's easy add that . Not sure about AAS thogh . Depends on what you use for grammar/LA. I use CLE LA (without the spelling ) with WWE and Sequential Spelling . This combo works great because I teach the spelling rules through the phonics/LA program and the patterns through SS.

I am planning to use Bigger but probably only for the history/Bible portion as I have the rest covered.

If I remember correctly, you used CLE Math . I would be curious to know why you did not continue with it? We use and enjoy it , my son scored almost two levels ahead but I understand it is not for everyone . Not sure my youngest who is a right brainer will do well with CLE but it is perfect for my oldest.

Edited by blessedmom3