Menu

Using Discovery Streaming for Spanish -- how do I use it?

jennthmg

After you've watched each "episode" is there a website that has writing exercises, vocabulary/grammar review from previous episodes? Is there more to it than just watching the tv?

Jenn in Indiana

There's a set of PDF worksheets that includes activities for every lesson, as well as a PDF teacher's manual, that you can print out from the website. (At least that's true for levels 3/4 and 5/6; I haven't used level 1/2 so I'm not positive about that one.)

Jackie

What are the differences between the grade levels? Is the information cummulative? I mean, would I start my 'never had a day of Spanish' 7th grader at grade 1 and work through the grades, or is the information in grades 5/6 pretty much the same info as grade 1, just faster?

The worksheets for 1/2 (at least so far. We're not done with it yet) have been a lot of TPR activities, where you have your child point to a picture, or move pictures around. I've been supplementing with "The Complete Book of Spanish 1-3" for my 5 yr old, which has worksheets, songs, and picture/flash cards to go with a given theme, because I have a child who likes this sort of thing, and it gives some physical product, in her handwriting, to have in her portfolio. It's a cheap book-I found it at Costco for $7, I think?

ITA with printing only the pages you need from the teacher's guide. I think it was about 10 pages from the entire first unit.

What are the differences between the grade levels? Is the information cummulative? I mean, would I start my 'never had a day of Spanish' 7th grader at grade 1 and work through the grades, or is the information in grades 5/6 pretty much the same info as grade 1, just faster?

Yes, each level starts at the beginning, the higher levels just move faster and introduce more information.

Jackie