Menu

Wanda Sanseri's new dvd: 'Hidden Secrets To Language Success'....

is wonderful. I bought the dvd from Mr. Sanseri last weekend at our homeschool conference in Portland. Well worth $25.

She is an amazing teacher and has a unique approach with children & adults. I look forward to taking her SWR class in August.

Here's the description of the dvd:

Wanda's new DVD gives you a visual aid demonstrating the secrets to language success as taught in Spell to Write and Read. In this 2 disc DVD set you will witness Wanda interacting with children of various age as well as parents and educators. Each disc contains approximately 2 hours of instruction. Special new publication price for a limited time.

Very Good! And, I'm excited to hear her at the Classical Conversations Tigard Practicum! She's not speaking at the whole thing, just giving a bit on each afternoon, I think. I think her materials will be available at the Practicum, too!

AND, Beth... better save a seat for me... Please :)

:)

I can't wait to meet you in person, Carrie. I'm really looking forward to the practicum. Yes, I'll be front & center when Wanda speaks.

Did I tell you I met your Oregon counterparts at the CC booth at our Portland homeschool conference last weekend? Sharp ladies! I was beyond impressed. They were the sharpest tacks at the conference, imho. I left feeling more confident about our decision to join CC.

Wanda asked if she could use my quote about the new dvd on her website. (She read it on her yahoo group.)

Anyway, we've been emailing back and forth and she wrote me this today. I thought you three ladies would appreciate this. She is amazing.

Thank you. I have posted your quote to the site.

As you benefit from my teaching, don't forget that God in His sense of humor chose to pick someone without any kind of background in phonics who would have failed French if she hadn't spent three hours of study a day outside of the actual class time. I would have never picked myself for this job. He guided me to meet the right people to fill in gaps in my own education and others who believed in me when I could not understand why. I am amazed myself at all that has transpired and the success stories that I hear from so many. I have never forgotten that to Him belongs the full glory. Now, he is going to use you to pass the torch. God will help you learn this as you go. If you are like me, it is a life time journey. I keep learning and so do my students.

Blessings,

Wanda Sanseri

• 1 year later...

I'm about half way through watching this and am finding it disappointing. There is too much advertising and not enough instruction. I'm learning things, but the same as the manual, I'm feeling overwhelmed with interesting tid bits of trivia that I don't know how to fully implement.

If I hadn't of reread Spalding like 10 times I wouldn't even understand these videos, never mind be able to apply them.

Before I waste any more money on SWR DVDs, can anyone give some reviews? Even used, these videos are pricey. I'm a total phonics geek and like to watch phonics videos for "fun", but...I'd like to pick my "fun" better next time.