Menu

I will be away awhaile taking care of my grandmother.

I am bringing my grandmother home with the help of hospice today. I have so many things to do, and prepare for. I will be away from the internet, so I thought I would update everyone. My grandmothers white blood cell count went up even thought she was on antibiotics’. Please pray for us and her. She went into kidney and renal failure a week ago. Her white blood cell count was up, her potassium was high, she had pneumonia, and she had kidney stones but they were blocking her urine flow. I hope I am doing the right thing. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. We are doing comfort measures now because that is what she would have wanted.

:grouphug:

I'm so sorry, Susan. I'm glad you have hospice, though, because they are generally wonderful. When you have time, you should add your grandma stories to the thread. I lost mine a week ago and I know how hard it can be.

I hope the time you have left with her will be a blessing to you and your family.

Hi,

I just wanted to give everyone an update. My grandmother is unable to eat or drink anymore. She had a couple of really good days and we took her outside in her wheelchair to sit on the porch. I have enjoyed the time I have spent with her althought it is bittersweet. I am going to miss her so much. I just wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. I will update again when I can this is the first time I have been on the internet in over a week. I am so thankful for all the wonderful hive minds.