Menu

Veggie Help Needed

We want to eat more raw veggies. I like to dip my veggies in hummus or regular dips. I found a really yummy looking red pepper dip. We eat the usual veggies (tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, radishes, broccoli, cauliflower, green peppers).

What other veggies should I buy on our shopping trip today?

We do salads with usually romaine, spinach and kale. I also get green leaf and red leaf lettuce.

Summer squash (zucchini and yellow) can be eaten raw, but really only taste best when they are picked small. This is the time of year when stores and farmstands tend to have lots available at great prices. I dice them to top salads or slice for dipping in hummus. Green beans are also very tasty raw, and are great for dipping.

Sugar snap or snow peas are great raw. I like raw fennel with dips. Small sliced zucchini are great with hummus and jicama too like pp mentioned. Not raw, but blanched asparagus are good with dips. (Now 4 yo used to love raw asparagus when he was about 1, but I prefer it cooked a bit.) I LOVE raw red peppers. They may be one of my favorite things.