Menu

Iowa Achievement Testing

Tanya in KS

I am looking to test my 4th grader this year and am wanting the Iowa Basic Acheivement Test. I know that BJU Press carries this BUT it has the cog abilities test with it. Right now I am only interested in the Basic test. Is there anywhere else to buy this test???

Thanks

Here's the link for the ITBS from BJU:

http://www.bjupress.com/nav/category/Iowa%20Tests

You will need to be "approved" as a tester with them (as I recall it simply required a photo copy of my degree and a simple questionnaire), and then you can order. Here's the direct link for ITBS-only orders:

http://www.bjupress.com/nav/category/ITBS/ITED:+Iowa+Achievement+Tests+(K5-Grade+12)?path=2436

I've seen some tests discussed on the board before, and I was trying to figure out the differences between them and decide which one to give to my dc. I thought I'd share this in the hopes that it might help someone else. I appreciated having this information summarized and compiled for me.

This site discusses the five most commonly used tests. I don't know if that's nationwide or just within their state, but I thought it was helpful.

Most Common Standardized Achievement Tests

We've never tested before and are not required to do so, but I'd like to this year. I was going to go with the CAT (California Achievement Test) and couldn't decide between the Complete Battery or the Survey. But after reading this I decided to go with the Iowa Basic (ITBS).

You can order the Iowa Basic tests from Piedmont Education Services by April 17th for test and scoring during Feb 27- June 17, 2006. It's $38 per test, and a bachelor's degree is required to administer this test.

Iowa Basic (ITBS) from Piedmont Education Services

Here are a couple of links that list several different places to order tests. Testing Services

Standardized Achievement Test Suppliers

When I recently posted about this, there was a discussion about which tests different people preferred. I went on the hunt again and found this article:

Iowa vs. Stanford Test Comparison

Hope this is helpful!

I ordered our ITBS tests, no Cogats, from Brewer Testing Company. It's a small company and just expanding, and very happy to please! I ordered 3 tests, and had quick service. They were $38 apiece. She even e-mailed to say they received the tests on Monday, and it's possible we could get them back in 2-3 weeks! (I'm not counting on that though!)

http://www.brewertesting.com/