Menu

Learning Adventures: How did you organize it?

wendybern

For Learning Adventures, have you come up with a good way for the students to organize their work? Did you use folders, binders, other? All in one, or separate for each subject? Organized by topic, or chronologically? I can't envision the best way to set this up; I'm hoping to learn from your experience.

Even if you used a different unit study, I'd love to hear your ideas.

Thank you!

Wendy

We used AWOA for a little while and what worked for us was one binder per student. I had plans on making a separate history folder since this is most of the focus but we changed programs mid-stream. Their binders were divided by subjects. Pretty simple.

We used AWOA for a little while and what worked for us was one binder per student. I had plans on making a separate history folder since this is most of the focus but we changed programs mid-stream. Their binders were divided by subjects. Pretty simple.

Sorry to hijack, but what made you decide to switch midstream? I am considering this program for the next time we begin our new history cycle.

Lisa

Not Thowell, but I switched programs after the first book because of not being able to get through Amer. History in the time I wanted to. Books 2 and 3 just cover so little in the amount of time. Most programs would be through modern times by the end of the second Amer. Hist. year. I only have two years left w/ my oldest before high school, and I'm not planning on using LA for high school, though some do. So, this coupled w/ no book 4 and 5, makes the program just unworkable for us. I do love it, though!

Sorry to hijack, but what made you decide to switch midstream? I am considering this program for the next time we begin our new history cycle.

Lisa

We switched because my dd6 was to sensitive for the program. She began to have nightmares while we were reading the Golden Goblet. I really like this program and think it is great just needed to shelf it for a few years.

We switched because my dd6 was to sensitive for the program. She began to have nightmares while we were reading the Golden Goblet. I really like this program and think it is great just needed to shelf it for a few years.

Thanks for the info!

Lisa

We also do a binder and put dividers in by subject. We are loving this and even though I was tentative to study Greek gods, the way Dorain compares it to the true God is amazing. If you join the yahoo group there are other suggestions and you could ask there also.

HTH!

Christa

• 1 month later...
We also do a binder and put dividers in by subject. We are loving this and even though I was tentative to study Greek gods, the way Dorain compares it to the true God is amazing. If you join the yahoo group there are other suggestions and you could ask there also.

HTH!

Christa

I've been searching for the yahoo group with no luck. What's it called???