Menu

S/o "Soft" ice? How do I make that lovely,...

Guest Virginia Dawn

I make it in my electric ice cream maker. Slushy ice in 20 minutes. I've done it with lemonade, coke and rootbeer.

I make it in my electric ice cream maker. Slushy ice in 20 minutes. I've done it with lemonade, coke and rootbeer.

oh I definately need details~frozen coke and lemonade sound so delicious! I bought an icecream maker on clearance last year and haven't used it. I was going to make rice cream, but haven't done that either.

Guest Virginia Dawn
oh I definately need details~frozen coke and lemonade sound so delicious! I bought an icecream maker on clearance last year and haven't used it. I was going to make rice cream, but haven't done that either.

My machine is a cuisinart. I just put in the freezer tub, paddlle and lid, then turn it on and pour in the liquid while it is rotating. The instructions told us we could. :-)

My machine is a cuisinart. I just put in the freezer tub, paddlle and lid, then turn it on and pour in the liquid while it is rotating. The instructions told us we could. :-)

Does the Cuisinart freeze the stuff? Mine is old-school so I suppose I could try with ice and rock salt as if making ice cream....I'm gonna do IT!!!!

Guest Virginia Dawn
Does the Cuisinart freeze the stuff? Mine is old-school so I suppose I could try with ice and rock salt as if making ice cream....I'm gonna do IT!!!!

Umm. The Cuisinart does everything, I just plug it in. I'm so embarrassed.

You are a very skilled plugger-inner............and you have frozen coke at the plug of a plug... don't be embarrassed. Now I want a Cuisinart!

AHhh, after melting in the 100 degree heat for my son's swim practice, this sounds amazing. Am putting the ice cream tub thingy in the freezer now. Tomorrow will feel like a spa day with a frozen coke - with lemon of course, to make it healthy. :)