Menu

s/o abnormal eating habits: restaurants/carryout...

Well, in Okinawa, it was cheaper to eat out, and their produce was better than what we could get on base. So we ate out. A lot.

Yes it would be cheaper to eat home, but we enjoy eating out, and at only $30- $50 a meal, it's just not that much around here. I guess it would fall under 'entertainment' around here.

We lived in Oki, too! And, yes, it was a lot cheaper to eat out when we lived there. We had major sticker shock when we got back to the states.

We do eat out for lunch most every day. We also often eat a meal out on the weekend as a family.

I think people trade off for things that they really want to do. We don't spend money on lots of other things that many other people do.

We don't go out to movies that much and seek cheap tickets when we do (like waiting until things go to the dollar theatre). We don't buy snacks there, generally.

We don't buy every new type of techno-gadget that comes out and finally just sort of brought our family into the 21st century last Christmas with some newer technology in the house. I'm still watching a 25 year old TV that I have to use forceps to turn on, LOL.....(watching it right now....) We don't buy tons of movies or any video games to use at home. Our sons don't own video gaming equipment.

My older son didn't get a cell phone until he was in high school and my younger son still doesn't have one.

We don't have an expensive cable package or expensive phone packages.

We all drive used (very used) vehicles. We have no notes.

Since my older son has been a teen, he hasn't wanted to travel much. He wants to stay home with his friends. So we haven't even really taken many trips in the past few years.

We don't really drink much, so we don't have that sort of expense. We don't smoke or have other such vices that are expensive.

We don't buy expensive clothing, shoes, or even go shopping very often at all.

Now, I do buy a lot of books, and I do like eating out. But I don't go to a beauty salon every week or get manicures, pedicures, or massages, etc. So those are really the only things I spend money on..... Ya gotta spend it on something.....

Back when I was working, we ate out... A LOT! :D As in, at least one meal a day was eaten out.

I hate cooking. I really do. And it was so much easier to go to a restaurant and order up a healthy meal than it is to cook one.

Now that I'm in school and not working, we eat out 1-2 times a week. Generally we have ChickFilA once a week and than a sitdown dinner every other week or so (lately that has stretched to every 3-4 weeks!)

My DH used to work away for 3 weeks and home for 1 week we always went out for breakfast the morning after he came home. Usually we would also go out for dinner whilst he was home too. So i guess twice a month.

Since we moved about 8 weeks ago now and he is home every night we have been out for dinner once and lunch twice. We are more likely to go out and have a coffee and snack (on the weekend) and eat our main meals at home now.