Menu

DD and I are flying to our first alone college visit in 2 weeks

TravelingChris

I have no idea why I am so nervous about this. I have made all the travelling plans for my family for more than 25 years. I have travelled alone driving across the country and once flew out by myself to select our home. But this is my first time travelling overnight with any kid and my youngest will be at a friend's house, my oldest will be taking care of our house and pets, and dh will be travelling for work, returning nearly at the same time as us. I don't know what is getting me so nervous. I have rented cars by myself too. I manged to find a descent airfare at the right times, got a free hotel room for us and just have to find a rental car. I did much more planning for our 17 day vacation but this has me so much more nervous. We are travelling to Millsaps College in Jackson MS. I have only passed by Jackson on one of our many cross country moves so have no ideas at all about the place.

I know you're nervous, but it does sound like fun! Dd and I just did our first tour alone (usually sister is with us). We drove though. It was really nice spending time together jsut the two if us and exploring a new town on our own.

I wish I could talk mine into looking at Milsaps, she's convinced she doesn't like LAC's after looking at only 2 :confused:

Ooo, you'll be close to "the antebellum splendors of Natchez," as I just learned from the isi.org Guide to Colleges. (Needless to say we are short on such splendors on the west coast.) I am looking forward to your report.

Sometimes, as soon as the trip is underway, the brain and body can settle down and enjoy the adventure.

How fun! If you are close to Natchez, try to get there for a tour of an antebellum home - there are several to choose from there. We enjoyed Natchez several years ago on vacation. I hope your trip goes smoothly and that your nerves calm down - I certainly understand the gitters.

Blessings,

April