Menu

Teen missing at sea...

I was just reading about her online.

Here is her blog-

http://www.soloround.blogspot.com

I just saw last week some tv show about a family that was sailing around the world and then ran into trouble around Fiji (hundreds of miles away though)

It had a happy ending (for the most part) and they wrote a book about their experiences called Black Wave. It looks good although I am saving to read it on vacation next week.

Oh dear :( As a mother with a son who was desperate to do this, I'm deeply grateful that he didn't have the drive to follow through.

Everyone in this house are big Jessica Watson fans, she is an impressive and driven young women who was impeccably prepared for her journey.

They are trying to break records. Because of the push to put younger and younger children in this situation in order to break the record, there will no longer be official records based on age.

There is no record that they are trying to break. They quit officially doing the youngest to sail around the world long before Abby, Jessica, Zac or Mike started their journeys.

They do this because they guts to and believe they have the skills to make it. It is a challenge for them that very few others ever take on.

I have spent some time cruising and sailing solo around the world is not what I would choose to do, but I deeply respect these young people for taking on these challenges.

I hope and pray that Abby makes it home safely.

There is no record that they are trying to break. They quit officially doing the youngest to sail around the world long before Abby, Jessica, Zac or Mike started their journeys.

They do this because they guts to and believe they have the skills to make it. It is a challenge for them that very few others ever take on.

I have spent some time cruising and sailing solo around the world is not what I would choose to do, but I deeply respect these young people for taking on these challenges.

I hope and pray that Abby makes it home safely.

I completely agree. Except that I am the only non-sailor in the family, so no cruising for me.

It certainly looks bad, she couldn't be in a much worse location in terms of distance from everything, we will be following closely!! And I hope that she is OK.