Menu

Handbook of Nature Study?

freeindeed

It's kind of cool, but I do NOT think it is worth the cost even for what people pay for it used.

I bought one used years ago and was so disappointed when I received it in the mail that I put it right up for sale again on the boards. :(

IMHO, it is hype. Sorry, not trying to offend.

It's a great resource. I downloaded mine from achieve.org as a PDF. It takes a while to download. We haven't used it a ton but I plan to use it more this year. I would like to use it as a followup after nature hikes and sketching/writing about nature in our nature jounrals. I agree that the used pricing can be ridiculous. I have seen it for sale on Barnes & Nobles for under $30 if you want a print edition.

I downloaded it free online, but I really wanted to be able to hold it in my hand. I absolutely LOVE having an actual copy to underline and highlight. I use this mostly as a resource for myself, but have also used it in conjunction with the outdoor hour blog. HNS was worth the money to me, i'd buy it again in a heartbeat.