Menu

Anyone here have a bug bite on the inner part of their ear before?

This may sound gross, but are you sure it is a bug bite? Everyone in our family has at some time had a pimple in that little fold. Does it itch like a mosquito bite? That part isn't very fleshy and seems unlikely for a mosquito bite but I guess it is possible. Maybe a spider bite? They are rampant right now and my son and I both felt one crawl across our face during the night in the last week.

Likely a small infection, use warm compresses every other hour while awake and try to use a mirror with a larger wall mirror to see the interior . Clean with alcohol and a cotton swab daily . It it does not get better with these two steps in a few days call the MD

This gives me the creepies! I am scared of bugs in my ears. I watch too much discovery health channel and saw one of those ER shows where someone had a bug in his ear. I actually slept with a hat on for weeks after that... :tongue_smilie:

My guess would be a spider bite, because it does seem like a strange place for a mosquito bite, but it could be! Could someone look at it for you and see if it looks infected?