Menu

WWYD-dh is self employed.....

he did a job for an old classmate back at the beginning of March (started like March 1st). Originally they were going to paint and just call him back, have him finish it and then we were going to bill them (because he didn't think it would take them but a few weeks to paint) Well finally May 10th, I had him send them a bill because, 1. we had materials in the job ($150.00 or so worth ) and 2, they still never called back (they do have young children and so painting this small closet that he re-drywalled is probably a challenge. But here we are into June and we haven't not received payment. Do I send an e-mail to make sure that they got the bill? We live in a smaller city with various zipcodes and I know he put the one that he thought was correct , but still, if it wasn't the correct zipcode, it still should have gotten to them anyway. Do I send an e-mail, send another bill. Originally he was like "oh, don't worry about it until I finish" but we could really use the money and they do owe it to us. He's done work for them before, quite a long time ago, and I don't think that they can't pay. I would think they would not of had the work done if they couldn't.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Phlox

My dh would be on the phone. He'd probably find out what the issue is and negotiate a payment from that. If they don't want him to finish the work, he'd bill them for work done and call it good. But he would expect payment.

:iagree: Unless you are his business manager, I'd say let him take care of it. He should call and ask what the status is and when he can expect payment for services already rendered.

:iagree: Unless you are his business manager, I'd say let him take care of it. He should call and ask what the status is and when he can expect payment for services already rendered.

Thanks, he's very informal and it's a very small business. He doesn't think it's that big of a deal, but I'm the one that handles our finances and knows more of where we are and what we need. We have stuff on a cc that were materials for this specific job and there's no reason the balance should even be there (but things were slow and even though it's just a little bit, still.....it should be paid off)