Menu

What happened to Spycar??

How do you know he was banned? Is an announcement posted somewhere when an individual is banned? Info posted for how long the banishment remains in effect?

I don't agree with masses of SpyCar's opinions, but he is a literate, thoughtful poster most of the time. I can't imagine what serious infraction he might have committed !

How do you know he was banned? Is an announcement posted somewhere when an individual is banned? Info posted for how long the banishment remains in effect?

I think in the past I have only realized that someone was banned by either visiting their user page, or by seeing an old post where it now says "banned" under their username. No announcements are made, and permanent bans are very, very rare, so I would assume this one is temporary. At least I sure hope so! I enjoy Bill's posts here very much.

Actually, what I find funny is that in a thread on manning up -

One man did the equivalent of calling the other man out

These are two men talking. About being men. Something they presumably know about and presumably have something to tell us (the vast majority of us being female) about.

And then? Did we have "the manly way of sorting things out"? Was there one of those 'man's gotta know how to handle things' resolutions? All that bluff and swagger that remudamom & pqr exhorted about how to be a real man & the right thing?

Nope. We had mommy moderator smack people & tell them to go have a time out & come back when they're ready to play nice and communicate properly.

But that's so sissy according to some!!!!! :lol: