Menu

I am now a homeschool group Leader!!

I have a homeschool group, but I didn't get voted in. I started the group, thus it is mine, plus I pay for it. It is on meetup.com and I would rather not ask the members to help pay for it. I think if I made mandatory fees it would disband.

Anyway. I don't have any advice, but good luck and have fun! Since yours involves voting in of presidents, I think it must be much different than mine.

I have a homeschool group, but I didn't get voted in. I started the group, thus it is mine, plus I pay for it. It is on meetup.com and I would rather not ask the members to help pay for it. I think if I made mandatory fees it would disband.

Anyway. I don't have any advice, but good luck and have fun! Since yours involves voting in of presidents, I think it must be much different than mine.

Me too! :) Meetup.com is a fantastic platform for this in my opinion.

I started up a homeschool support group (mainly to provide social connections for homeschooling kids and parents - not much of an academic focus) on Meetup a little over a year ago. A year later, our group has 150 families and we've held over 230 events! I just recently turned over leadership to another member, so I can focus on completing a professional certification.

My group is probably much more informal than yours (since you mentioned being voted in), but I think some universally applicable advice would be:

- Clearly spell out what you (as the president) are responsible for and will handle (so that people don't come to you with everything). Delegate where possible and appropriate.

- Deal with issues (especially member "squabbles") immediately - don't let things fester.

Good luck in your new role! :)

I recently became director (but I prefer the term dictator) of our co op. It kinda happen by default because everyone else was quicker to say "Not it!" :willy_nilly: LOL That is okay. My DH tells people if I wasn't a HS mom I would have taken over a third world country by now.

Thank you all! I am becoming a leader of a new 'satellite' group, we have 400+ members, but it ecompases 3 counties, so there are 5 different 'groups' within that large group if that makes sense. There is a board of 8 people and everything. Yes, I already know there will be some drama, some adults can act just like kids :glare:I am excited but cautious at the same time :001_smile:

I recently became director (but I prefer the term dictator) of our co op. It kinda happen by default because everyone else was quicker to say "Not it!" :willy_nilly: LOL That is okay. My DH tells people if I wasn't a HS mom I would have taken over a third world country by now.

:001_huh: :lol: