Menu

Need advice for switching from Easy Grammar to sentence diagramming - grades 4, 6, 8

hjacob

My ds, entering 8th grade, has completed the Easy Grammar curriculum, but never learned sentence diagramming. I need to switch all the kids over to a better curriculum, but don't know how well they will transition over.

They are independent learners, for the most part, and I never learned sentence diagramming growing up. Any recommendations?

My children used Growing with Grammar last year and my 3rd grade daughter was introduced to diagraming sentences...I know that might not help your older children, but it might be helpful to your 4th grader...oh, we LOVED the program too..we will be using it again this next year.

Guest mrsjamiesouth

I am switching from Easy Grammar to CLE next year for 5th grade. They have a practice Diagraming book that I have been using for the summer. It was cheap. I think you should decide which program you want to use and go from there.

Well, I haven't used it yet but we plan on moving to Analytical Grammar this fall. We have come from using Easy Grammar too. My dc will be 6th and 7th grades and I intend on placing them together. Ideally you would use AG over 3 years but each year only takes between 10 and 17 weeks. I plan to only do grammar twice a week and Latin 3 times a week so I will stretch the first 10 weeks of AG into 20+ weeks.

That's probably way more info about my plans than you need.:tongue_smilie: All that to say, maybe AG would be an option for you.:D

We switched from Easy Grammar to Growing with Grammar this year for 6th and 4th and it was a very smooth transition. I am not crazy about how GWG teaches prepositions so I am glad that they used EG first. Otherwise I am very happy with GWG!

My ds, entering 8th grade, has completed the Easy Grammar curriculum, but never learned sentence diagramming. I need to switch all the kids over to a better curriculum, but don't know how well they will transition over.

They are independent learners, for the most part, and I never learned sentence diagramming growing up. Any recommendations?

For an 8th grader? I would go with Analytical Grammar.

Heather

• 2 weeks later...