Menu

painting a bulletin board?

It is cork and the brown doesn't go with my dining room :tongue_smilie:.

Cork is easy to paint. I like to use a primer first as it is very absorbent. Prime, then paint what ever color you want. Plan to spend a while painting as all those little divots take F o R e V e R to paint! A spray paint may be easier, but I haven't tried it.

We have two that are covered in fabric. Dd11 recovers hers periodically to match her room. She has used ribbon at times, and at others she has used tacks to secure her treasures.

The other is a dark purple almost suede like fabric that I used in the back of the shoe cupboard. It keeps shoe marks off the walls from people kicking off their shoes in to the bin.

We have a huge painted one that ds uses for a miniature war gaming board. He used several layers of cheap craft paint. It looks fine for what he wants it for, but I wouldn't hang it in the main part of my house.

I'm in the middle of painting one right now! I am painting brown cork with the same latex paint we used in my dd's room. It does take several coats but works well. I have painted and repainted a couple of others to match different decor.