Menu

I can't do it all (in one day)!

:willy_nilly: I'm doing 5-day with SL Core 2 + SL LA 2 + SL Science 2 + ProfB Math + Prima Latina. My side shows are music appreciation, 1st Eucharist preparation, and French (these are things I hit occasionally).

:svengo:

Whatever assignments are laid out for Day 1 or day whatever, I always have leftovers even if I don't do latin or math everyday.

I am also doing Core C with some other stuff for my dd. I'm swamped! I would need to school 7 days a week, intensively to get all the stuff done. :svengo:

Then there is the toddler.....:willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

Who is out there getting all this stuff done? I just keep plugging away at it. I want to do it all. I like the programs but whew! :svengo:

When I see posts that say school is from "8am to 2pm" or some other parameter. :001_huh:

Because of the ages of the younger kids and the constant interruptions we pretty much "do school" from 8am to 8pm. But the older kids take longer chunks of free time during the day. We checked math at 5:30 tonight. My daughter read me her phonics lesson standing up at the counter while I made a snack and a bottle for the baby. I had the older boys read a National Geographic article and write a narration this afternoon while I took a nap. It isn't always pretty, is it?

We have, surprisingly, been getting everything I schedule done for each day, but never in a Charlotte Mason type- formal studies before lunch- manner.

You have my understanding girlfriend :grouphug:

Jo

When I see posts that say school is from "8am to 2pm" or some other parameter. :001_huh:

Because of the ages of the younger kids and the constant interruptions we pretty much "do school" from 8am to 8pm. But the older kids take longer chunks of free time during the day. We checked math at 5:30 tonight. My daughter read me her phonics lesson standing up at the counter while I made a snack and a bottle for the baby. I had the older boys read a National Geographic article and write a narration this afternoon while I took a nap. It isn't always pretty, is it?

We have, surprisingly, been getting everything I schedule done for each day, but never in a Charlotte Mason type- formal studies before lunch- manner.

You have my understanding girlfriend :grouphug:

Jo

I can't ever get school done in school hours. We are always here and there with time.

I'm with ya'. I am currently checking math at 10:40 pm which was supposed to be done by 3. I always get a chuckle when people ask "So, what time do you do school everyday?" I want to scare them to death, grab my hair and yell, "It never ends!"

My sanity rests in those days when it is pretty and we don't do school at all, just grab our bikes and go!! Other times, we meet dh for lunch and go later so it all works out in the end.

I always get a chuckle when people ask "So, what time do you do school everyday?" I want to scare them to death, grab my hair and yell, "It never ends!"

Whenever!

Whenever my kids get out bed (I have one that has great difficulty in this area). Whenever they are finally ready for the day! Whenever the house is sufficiently organized and cleaned so that it doesn't distract me! Whenever the kids settle down (or I beat them into submission)! Whenever they finish their breakfast!

Whenever I can slide it in!

Just a thought.... Have you considered just doing the 4-day Sonlight? I know, I know...it is all so good that you don't want to miss any of the books. It may make your life a bit easier. :001_unsure:

Okay, I still fell behind but it was okay. I started to worry about what I wasn't giving my ds because I opted only for 4 days.

You know, it's not like I am a disorganized person. I am not running around like a headless chicken. On the days that we crank out some good work, I am really exhausted (and we still have stuff left over to do).

Isn't there a sighing icon somewhere? :tongue_smilie: