Menu

Weird but specific sewing question

If a person knows nothing about sewing beyond what she took in Home Ec 25 years ago (we did much hand-sewing and some machine-sewing. I made a sheath dress, and a vest with interfacing [what a pain] and buttons), how long would it take me to figure out how to make something like a Koozie soda can holder if I were willing to buy whatever sewing machine you have? (What kind of sewing machine do you have?)

I am not sure what a Koozie soda can holder is....is it a tube that fits around a can drink??? Does it have elastic of some sort to keep it on? I would think it would be easy, but I am not totally sure what it is.

As far as a sewing machine...I have a Viking. I had a Singer, but they have sold out to a foreign country and are no longer the robust machines they once were. If you are not going to sew much, most any machine will be fine (including the Singer). I sew A LOT, and I burn them out if they are not made well.

I have a Singer. Do you have a pattern for this or instructions? I'm imagining something that is a circle on the bottom and a rectangle that has one seam up the side. You would have to sew the bottom to the rectangle first - this would require some clipping of the seam afterwards because it is a curve. Then you would sew the straight seam. I don't think it would be too hard to do. Sometimes there are video how-to's on the internet that are very helpful.

I don;t think it would be that hard, other than the rounded piece on the bottom. That would be the most difficult part.

I have a brother se270D; it is a great machine and does machine embroidery. Before that I had a viking; it was a wonderful machine, but finding replacement parts is a royal pain. They are imported and quite expensive; so repairs are difficult; yet the thing did last me ten years and when I got it it was 15 yrs old;