Menu

internet linked encyclopedias

WTM recommends a few internet linked reference books: the 2003 Usborne Internet-Linked Encyclopedia of World History; the 2002 Usborne Internet-Linked First Encyclopedia of Our World, and the 2006 Usborne Spotter's Guide: The Night Sky With Internet links.

Do you currently use these books in 2010? Would you recommend them? Are the links still useful?

How do you rate the books, in general?

Thank you

We have many of the Usborne internet linked books with older publication dates and for the most part, they are identical to the newer books. As for the links, I have yet to come across any broken/defunct ones on the Usborne site.

Both my dc enjoy them immensely (ds 16 and dd 7).

Cindy

We also have several Usborne internet-linked books. In fact, I always choose an internet-linked book over one that isn't if there is a choice.

My dyslexic dd really needs an interactive component to help her grasp the concepts in the text, and a lot of the links are just fun for everybody! It is soooo much cheaper than purchasing some sort of online supplement or streaming program for the interactive activities, and saves so much time over hunting for free online resources myself.

About the links, the actual websites are not listed in the books. You go to the Usborne website, click on the name of the book you are using, and then enter the page number, and the links will come up. This is why the links never go out of date, since they are continually updated online. Just for fun, you can go to the links of a book you don't even own, click on a random page number, and see what you get!

HTH,

WTM recommends a few internet linked reference books: the 2003 Usborne Internet-Linked Encyclopedia of World History; the 2002 Usborne Internet-Linked First Encyclopedia of Our World, and the 2006 Usborne Spotter's Guide: The Night Sky With Internet links.

Do you currently use these books in 2010? Would you recommend them? Are the links still useful?

How do you rate the books, in general?

Thank you

We have the Usborne Internet-Linked Encyclopedia of World History and my son (age 9) loves it. Probably more than SOTW. He uses the links all the time.