Menu

SWI B or C for 8th and 4th graders??

Mommyfaithe

I am going to use a SWI to teach a very small co-op of 4th (almost 5th) to 8th graders.

Should I use the B or C syllabus.

I am leaning toward the B and just expecting a better product from the older kids. I just don't want them to be bored or feel it is babyish.

Thanks,

faithe

I am going to use a SWI to teach a very small co-op of 4th (almost 5th) to 8th graders.

Should I use the B or C syllabus.

I am leaning toward the B and just expecting a better product from the older kids. I just don't want them to be bored or feel it is babyish.

Thanks,

faithe

Hmm, well I guess B would be choice... only because it fits the grade level best. 5th -8th can easily fit in B, C is for High school.

HTH~

and some of the younger kids (5th graders) ended up using some of the assignments from A because they weren't quite ready for B. For almost every lesson, Jill Pike's A and B lined up well. So B would be the program to buy but maybe you'll need to use some of the lessons Jill Pike has for level A.

Both did the same lessons the first couple weeks. After that I substituted a lot of the resources with paragraphs from their history readings. The 4th grader would work with one paragraph; the 7th grader had to do 2-3 paragraphs for the same lesson. This has worked well for us.

Cinder