Menu

K-Cups for less... Share where you purchase yours

Keurig.com when you register your brewer gives you buy two, get two free with free shipping. This is the best promotion I've found. For regular prices, the best I've found is Amazon with the subscribe and save discount.

I've given up and bought the reusable filter. I tried a box of 80 K-cups from Sam's Club for about $35 but they only offer one variety (at the one near me, anyway) and it's not that great.

With the filter, the $10 worth of coffee I bought a couple weeks ago is about halfway used up. Since I can easily use an entire box of 18 K-cups in a week, and these are usually about $10/box at Target, I figure the cost is down to about 25% what it would cost to use the actual K-cups.

If you get a filter, you will need to know this about a trick I read about on Amazon. You should save some K-cups after brewing and cut off the top rim. Empty the K-cup, get rid of the filter and everything. Clean it out, and nestle the filter in the K-cup shell. This prevents the water from going through the filter too quickly and making your coffee taste like poo. I tried it without this addition the first time I made coffee with the filter and it was nasty.

And of course, the better quality coffee you buy and the more you use in the filter (it is recommended to use 1-2 Tablespoons per cup, I ALWAYS use 2 TBSP), the better it will taste. I can't say that it's quite as good as most of the actual K-cup coffee I've tried, but for daily utilitarian purposes, it passes.

I will still indulge in the real K-cups from time to time but I think those will be more of a treat in the future.

it depends on how much I want and who has the best deal

I buy from keurig, greenmountain and looked at coffeecow.

My issue with coffee cow is that I needed 5 boxes to get free shipping but only needed 4 at the other two places. I know per cup the cow place was cheaper but it's cheaper by pennies. So I go for the flavors I like and pay a penny more per cup...which currently is from Keurig. But I used to do autoship at greenmountain and was happy with it.