Menu

Green Smoothies Recipies

Hi there! I started out using a recipe on http://www.allrecipes.com called "Groovy Green Smoothie". Now, I add spinach, yogurt and whatever frozen or fresh fruit I have on hand. If it isn't sweet enough as is, I will add some truvia or honey to sweeten. Last week I did this with spinach and a whole fresh pineapple. Everyone loved it. At first my kids didn't know it had spinach and they loved them. Then they stopped liking them when they caught me adding the spinach. Now they are back to realizing they really are good, despite the spinach.

They make me feel so healthy realizing all of the fruit/vegetable servings we are getting in just one drink!

A green smoothie is just any smoothie with greens in it.

I like this:

one banana

frozen pineapple, mango, papaya (I get a mix at Costco)

a spoon ful of frozen juice concentrate (a mixed flavor usually)

some water

a big handful of spinach

a few sorrel leaves.

the banana makes it very creamy without adding dairy.

You can also had coconut oil, flax, or wheat germ.

interesting. Ill have to try this out! If you see my blog im REALLY working on making a healthy me, and well, what better way then to add this to my diet. Now, i have to admit, i do add a bit of sugar to my kids smoothies, they just WONT drink it without. DDhates pinaple beacuase she says it has hair in it.lol. I make Banana icecream (frozen banana and organic milk with a teaspoon of sugar) and they love it. .... I cant wait to go foodshopping to get more fruit!

My favorite is 1 cup of ice, 1 cup of fresh spinach, 1 cup of green grapes and a 1/4 inch wedge of lime. I have a vita-mix so I include the rind of the lime but you could easily remove it.

I LOVE this. So, so light and good and refreshing. I keep thinking it may be even better if I add some tequila. :D