Menu

want to try lapbooking this summer

twins05

I'm looking to do some relaxed educational activities this summer and would like to give lapbooking a try. Any suggestions for a fun lapbook project to try with kids ages 5 and 7?

BTW, this has been my first year homeschooling and I have truly appreciated all the great ideas, suggestions, and advice I've gleaned from this forum. Thanks!

We used to do a lot of lapbooks but the best one we did was a Colonial History Unit Study from Homeschool In The Woods. It was awesome! It is a lot so if you are looking for something smaller, we also did folder lapbooks on things like bats, Cinco de Mayo, books we read, astronomy, elections....etc. You can do them on anything that interests the children. :)

Edited by 2cents

We're doing to be using alot of the free resources already mentioned as well and purchasing some packs to help us out. I'm going to start the summer lapbook unit study planning in the next month and I'll be making a list of what the kids want to learn more about.

We're a school year round but I take it much easier during the summer months and only really focus on what they are showing a bit of struggles with and then we don't officially start any new grade level materials until the next year is suppose to begin for us which isn't until August. However I want to keep reading, math, history and science in our summer learning so we'll focus on file folder games, lapbooking and projects.:001_smile:

Christian pages

General pages

Gardening pages

These are three of the four sites I have used (really enjoy homeschoolshare.com too).

Also, Christianbooks.com is having a sale, there are unit studies for Native Americans, the American Industrial Revolution and a few other things available there.

hth

There are some good lapbooks at http://dynamic2moms.webs.com/

We are doing their strawberry lapbook in a couple of weeks before we go strawberry picking! We actually don't do full out lapbooks, but more of a lap n' note type thing. We use a binder with pages in it, including lapbooking components, see-through page holders for worksheet type things, and any coloring pages we do.

You can do one on birds that you see in your backyard. This was a big hit. We actually used posterboard instead of a file folder. We watched and saw what birds we see and we did lots of research and made lots of minibooks,shapebooks etc. We even entered it in the fair under scrapbooking and it won 2nd place.

There are some good lapbooks at http://dynamic2moms.webs.com/

We are doing their strawberry lapbook in a couple of weeks before we go strawberry picking! We actually don't do full out lapbooks, but more of a lap n' note type thing. We use a binder with pages in it, including lapbooking components, see-through page holders for worksheet type things, and any coloring pages we do.

thanks for the link! great resources there :001_smile: