Menu

Reminder: Today is the last day to get United Streaming for $136 (regular price $265)

Tami

Thanks Tami! I see that you use this for "Spanish and enrichment." Can you describe how you use it for enrichment? Do you spend a lot of time planning to line up US content with your studies? Since you're posting this, you must think US is worth the cost.

now, I always say that the Spanish alone is worth the price!

We enrich our history and science simply by running a topic search of what we happen to be studying. I do NO planning - just use a search. From the search results, you can sort by age too.

This week, we are studying South Africa in our studies, so I ran a search of "Apartheid" and "South Africa." I let dd choose the video that appeals most to her. WHen we studies deserts, I ran the search, and it turned up all sorts of cool stuff.

It is really a great addition to our homeschool! We do lots of reading, so this mixes it up and adds a visual aspect.

HTH!

Tami,

Do you buy books that go w/ the Spanish videos? Or is it a stand-alone program? How does it compare to Rosetta Stone Spanish?

Thanks for the tip! You have me pondering this...

Nope, you don't have to buy the books because the TM and workbook come with the video. It's included in the Streaming under the "resources" tab.

I have a friend who bought Rosetta Stone, but it is sitting on the shelf because the children prefer and learn more from Discovery Streaming! I prefer Discovery Streaming's program because it includes songs, games, and hands-on ideas. It's fun!

HTH!

I get it free in MPLS. I had to go to the hs'ing center, but they gave us access. Tami, check with the district where you filed your letter of intent to HS to see if they subscribe to United Streaming & if the district offers access to hs'ers..

Carmen, I'm jealous. I'm not in Hennepin County, and our district doesn't subscribe. Boo!

Thanks, Tami. I signed up for the free trial. I'll try to spend some time with it this afternoon and make a decision!

Anyone know of a way to get it free in Texas? We don't file letters of intent or register in any way with a school district.

If you want to try the Spanish, search "Spanish 1/2," "Spanish 3/4," or "Spanish 5/6," depending on what grades you want. The Teacher's manual is printable, and located under the "Resources" tab.

I love the Spanish!

Nope, you don't have to buy the books because the TM and workbook come with the video. It's included in the Streaming under the "resources" tab.

Tami,

So for $129 you get the dvds from the website available any time on demand AND supplemental resources/manuals/books? The deal is getting sweeter. :)

Also, would my ds 12 think it is too "young" for him?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reminder. I've been postponing and finally made the buy. I've loved Cosmeo but US is much better. I've taken advantage of the 30 day free trial and was very impressed. I especially love that you can download the .pdf files for the teachers and student activity guides to go with the spanish. I've got them all downloaded for all levels now, so I never have to buy them again! (I spent abotut $70 for one year for two dc. . . and that was just the children's AG's w/o all the good supplemental stuff directed at the teacher.) I'm also so looking forward to using US with SL's Core 5 next year.

BTW, re: whether you need to buy books to go along with the spanish -- the answer is NO, not if you use US b/c you can download the whole guides in .pdf !! YIPPEE!! For our first year, we used Cosmeo and had to buy the books from NAU. . . Now, with US, we get the guides for free (printing cost only.) I'm SOOOO happy. (This is Elementary Spanish we're talking about. . .)

Tami,

So for $129 you get the dvds from the website available any time on demand AND supplemental resources/manuals/books? The deal is getting sweeter. :)

Also, would my ds 12 think it is too "young" for him?

Thanks!

Why not try the free trial and see what you think this afternoon. There are lots of good videos through the high school level. Try searching your current history and science topics and see what you pull up. You can sort your search by grade level - I typically choose a bit "ahead" on the grade level recommendations.

Have fun!

Why not try the free trial and see what you think this afternoon. There are lots of good videos through the high school level. Try searching your current history and science topics and see what you pull up. You can sort your search by grade level - I typically choose a bit "ahead" on the grade level recommendations.

Have fun!

Thanks, Tami. I just signed up for the 30-day trial. AND I watched bits of The Odyssey, Elementary Spanish 5-6, and Chinese (my Chinese daughters would love this!).

Decisions, decisions!!

Thanks for the info on the coupon. I went ahead and bought the subscription today. I am especially looking forward to the Spanish since I teach that for our co-op. I have a technical question though --we have a fast interet connection but the video that I watched was not very clear. Is there an easy way to get a clearer view? Also, it looks like there is a way to hook it up to a television, but I couldn't understand the jargon. Has anyone tried this?