Menu

Calling on my professional or really serious photographer friends again...

If I could only get dd 1 or maybe 2 lenses to go with her new camera, which ones (sizes I guess) would be the most versatile, or are must haves?

I don't know if it matters, but she's really into landscapes/nature, macro, and black and white.

Thanks.

I agree, the 50mm is one of my favorite lenses. What kind of camera does she have? What kind of photography does she like to do? My second favorite lens is 100mm f/2.8 macro. It's an amazing lens for macro photos: bugs, flowers, etc. If she likes landscape, a wide angle would be good. If she's into sports, a really fast lens would be a plus. (My dream is the 70-200mm f/2.8 IS L--I'll be dreaming for awhile.) All that said, we've also been VERY happy with our 28-250mm lens. It's a third party lens--can't think of the brand at the moment--but it's been a very useful all-purpose lens, especially in good sunlight.

I love my fixed 50mm but if I had to pick one to start with I would go with the 70-200mm; I can zoom in and out with that one. I am saving for the 100mm, that one is my next big purchase. I like to go to www.photocamel.com they are very supportive with help and direction. They also have a monthly contest to help improve your skills. Have fun shopping.:001_smile: