Menu

Northern Virginia Homeschool Conference - July 9 and 10, Dulles Expo, Chantilly, VA -

MariannNOVA

Excuse the duplicate post -- I decided a more specific title would be best.

Are you planning on attending? There are 'perks' for volunteers - check them out on the website.

Do you use MCT? OR Are you thinking of using MCT?

I will be 'working' ththconnie_1.gif at the MCT booth at the Northern Virginia Home Education Conference at the Dulles Expo Center, July 9th and 10th.

RFWP and I are beginning our hunt for people to staff the booth. Here is the website for the conference: http://www.novaconference.net/

There are others on the WTM board who have staffed the RFWP (Royal Fireworks Press) booths at very recent conventions/conferences.Apache004.jpg

Above, I have pasted the photo of The Dragon Academy's booth the evening before she was MOBBED with THRONGS of homeschoolers who couldn't wait to begin using MCT!

And......just so you can read about what a great time this actually might turn out to be (I'm much nicer in person than I appear to be on this board :glare:), I am posting the links to some convention, conference, MCT threads.

I would absolutely LOVE some more MCT/RFWP fanatics, er, :001_huh: uh :tongue_smilie:, I mean devotees, users, considerees, and aficionados to commit just a little of their time that weekend. We are really a fun bunch....read on and see for yourself, and please PM me or email me at mybluehound@gmail.com to ask me any questions, or so I can put you in contact with RFWP. Thanks in advance!

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142955&highlight=slice

(ONE OF THE FUNNIEST MCT THREADS.......EVER!)

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165904&highlight=MCT

(The inside story of what it was really like at Royal Fireworks Press FIRST Homeschool Convention)

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169377&highlight=MCT (includes Radiobrain's booth experience)

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167371&highlight=MCT (Happygrace's dd and her birthday/get well card from MCT)

Looks great! Wish I could be there but I live out in the wild west. :)

Do you know if MCT ever runs a sale on their Level 1-3 products like free shipping, etc.. at various times of the year? I plan to order Town Level for the fall and just wondered if there is an optimum time to buy it to get the best price break. Thanks!

Marianne!

There is no one better than you to run a RFWP/MCT booth!

:D

Radio, the only reason Mariann is so much better than us is she has years and years and years and years of experience to draw from.

I bet if we challenged her to a Zumba competition you and I would win. Afterall, she would have to be careful not to fall or twist too hard because she might fracture a hip.zumba_dance2.jpg

Marianne!

There is no one better than you to run a RFWP/MCT booth!

(although dragon academy and I aren't too shabby.Well, DA is awesome I am mediocre)

I SO wish both of you could be there with me! We could have such a fun time! And, thanks for the kind words!

Radio, the only reason Mariann is so much better than us is she has years and years and years and years of experience to draw from.

I bet if we challenged her to a Zumba competition you and I would win. Afterall, she would have to be careful not to fall or twist too hard because she might fracture a hip.zumba_dance2.jpg

Well, my peeps medium%2Bhairstyles%2Bfor%2B50%2Byear%2Bold%2Bwomen.jpg meryl-streep.jpgSophia-Loren-Age.jpgoprah-winfrey.jpg2009-06-jn-christie-brinkley1.jpgmichelle_pfeiffer-14281.jpgand I say,

BRING IT ON! Punching.gif

Edited by MariannNOVA

I didn't know there was a hs conference in N. VA! I don't know if I can make it or not. My dh would probably shoot me if i did - I would want to buy too much! :D

Here's my suggestion: Volunteer to help at the RFWP/MCT booth so your admission is free AND you get first crack at the used curric (if you are looking for any of that). :D

Christie was my idol when I was growing up. I thought she was the most awesome woman ever. If she is going to Zumba with us or man the RFWP booth I will find a way to get to NoVa.

scarlett_johansson.jpgpirates-of-the-caribbean-pirates-of-the-caribbean-keira-knightley-9900147.jpg15643__angelina_l.jpg

You got it!!

Well, I called Christie Brinkley -- I decided it won't work with her. She asked me how to spell MCT.dumb-blonde-joke.jpg

:lol:

Alright, alright. I work on finding an avatar. And, um, I guess I'll just look for the booth with the penguin, huh? Maybe I should just be glad it won't be a dragon there. :D

:rolleyes: Well, the dragon is actually a really good dragon -- I'm a fairly even-tempered penguin -- definitely look for me......I will be there.

Thank you... you are a very kind penguin.
lacrosse_penguin_sticker-p217504443758878142qjcl_400.jpgJust stopping in between lax games -- off to Game #2 now. DD9.5 scored a goal :party: which was quite an improvement from last week when she was on defense and she sat down on the ground b/c the action was at the other goal :banghead:. Our team won 13-3! Have to run -- dd11 must be at the field at 4:30! And as far as you being misunderstood, I'm HERE for you!resize?sq=500&uid=1794278794

you're welcome!