Menu

Dh is a convert!

Years ago I wanted to keep the kids home and homeschool. Dh was against it. So it never came to be.

Fast forward 10 years, we had a serious incident at the school, and we decided to remove the 2 youngest from the school.

We decided to homeschool. He is on board, and supportive! He figures it's a good thing, as dd11 needs the healing, and the little one, isn't ready to be away from us. ANd I don't want that.

Now his mother hasn't been supportive. It doesn't surprise me. We've had our moments. But dd13 spoke up and told her that the teachers don't teach, they hadn't out assignments. They are left to their own devices, and you're lucky if you get any help.

So MIL said nothing more.

I have been cleaning out the 2's school bags, taking out what we can use, tossing the rest. DD6 hasn't been passing her tests. Her report card didn't reflect it. The teacher surely didn't express any concern about her. So the school system was failing yet another child.

Today, Dh brought dd6 and dd11 to have lunch with MIL. She started in on him again. How long will you do this to the girls? They are going to be so far behind, they won't be able to keep up, we're harming them horribly. What about their friends? They won't know how to interact with other children.

So Dh had enough. He told her that they have been learning way more at home in the last 3 weeks than they had in school. that if learning how to interact meant learning how to be a bully, then YES, they won't know how to interact. :lol:

He went from his stubborn, not my kids. To YES, my kids are homeschooled, until we decide otherwise....lol

He went from his stubborn, not my kids. To YES, my kids are homeschooled, until we decide otherwise....lol

:party: My husband was against homeschooling initially, but he is totally on board now. He is looking forward to attending the homeschool convention with me next week!

Edited by ccm