Menu

anyone left singapore for horizons?

I use both simultaneously so my situation is a bit different. I do find that they both seem to cover very similar topics each year (not necessarily the same time as SM is mastery and Horizons is spiral) and I can't think of any reason your dc would be behind if you were to switch back, especially from a grade 2 to 3 level. Also, a good portion of the Book 1 for each grade level in Horizons is review from the previous year so even if there was a topic or two that wasn't covered in SM, you'll be able to pick it up quickly enough and keep moving on with Horizons. :)

When we switched from Horizons to Singapore I found we were behind in skills (although not content) and needed to review a year. So instead of using the "full" Singapore with textbooks and workbooks, I chose a couple of the stand-alone workbooks, making sure I chose ones that had fully worked solutions so we could figure out the Singapore approach as we went. Doing something like that might work well if you wanted to combine both programmes. I bought directly from Singapore (SG Box) - I think the range of books is a little different from what the US supplier carries.