Menu

What kind of laundry detergent do you use?

What kind of laundry detergent do you use?  

1. 1. What kind of laundry detergent do you use?

• Tide
    • Cheer
    • All
    • Gain
    • Bi-o-kleen
    • 7th Generation
    • Other mainstream brand
    • Other natural brand
    • I make my own
    • None of the above

I only use Tide HE.

DH bought me a front loader ( & matching dryer) 2 yrs ago. It's the first brand new washer & dryer we've had. It's my understanding that 'regular' detergent *could* cause problems, and I want to totally avoid that.

I use quite a bit less than the markings on the cap, so the container lasts quite a while, and our clothes always clean (and dh drives tractor trailer & ds works on a dairy farm!).

we have used Bi-o-kleen which is nice but was getting to be a pain to order.

I just saw BioKleen in the organic section at Kroger last week. Maybe it's becoming more widely available?

I love SA8 - we just ran out.:eek: I have a lot of Melaleuca detergent to use, which is fine. I love their PreSpot, and just discovered that I have 2-3 more bottle but must have pitched my sprayer because I cannot find it. Sigh. Anyhoo, I like the SA8 the best and plan to go back to that as soon as I use up what I have. I love the stain pretreatment spray too - I recommend it to everyone!

I must confess that I keep a bottle of Tide handy because sometimes I just need it.

We've gone back and forth with Tide and my own homemade detergent. We have members with very sensitive skin, and living in the country, Tide is the only thing that has consistently cleaned our clothes well and not irritated.

However, recently, we've discovered ECOS and have tried it a couple of times (hubby's cousin has a Costco card and let us sample it). I just bought a bottle because we liked it and I like that it is all natural! It also uses less per load and is cheaper than Tide.

I have started making my own laundry soap. The clothes come out smelling fresh and clean with out a perfume smell.

1 bar Ivory soap,grated

2 cups baking soda

2 cups 20 Mule Team Borax

Combine all together in small bucket with lid. (I use an ice cream bucket)

Use about 1/4 cup per load.

I use this same recipe with a couple exceptions. I use Dr. Bronner's bar soap, usually Peppermint, instead of Ivory. When I do a load, I use about one tablespoon full in my front loader. It's much less expensive than the 7th Generation I was using. I love it!