Menu

Foreign Language Summer Camp - Millersville U., PA

Oh, I have read about Concordia...too far and way more than we can afford :glare:

This one is only $450 and about 3 hours from us so the drive would not be too bad. And I am not looking for HS credit, just more exposure and experience than she gets with OSU. Not that we are not happy with OSU, because we are....but a week speaking German seems like a great thing!

I have not heard of this program.

I have, however, heard good things about Concordia Language Villages and have been contemplating this for my own dd.

http://www.concordialanguagevillages.org/newsite/

I've also heard about Concordia Language Villages.

I don't know if this option would be any improvement price-wise, but you might check out Middlebury Language Schools as an option. They have some of the best summer (and year-round) foreign language programs in the U.S.

HTH!

Yes, I have heard of it, but I do not know personally of anyone who has gone to their summer programs. German Life ran a few stories about raising children in the United States who are bilingual in German, and the Summer Language Camps at Millersville University were some of the programs mentioned. You may want to check the archives of German Life. In addition, I grew up in Baltimore, which was not too far from Millersville.

Thanks for the heads up about German Life....oh, how I wish I had known about this magazine years ago! My MIL and GMIL would have just loved it.

And about Concordia? No matter how fabulous it is it is just plain out of our price range. Not that I think it is exactly overpriced as I am sure that the instruction is amazing! But she would also have to fly. Or my husband would have to take a few days off from work to drive her out and then bring her back home again.