Menu

Dinosaurs anyone?

gevs4him

ooh, ooh... am so excited to comment on this one. We just started reading "What Really Happened to the Dinosaurs?" By John Morris and Ken Ham. My kids LOVE it... I love it too. It gives scriptures and is just so fun to read. I thought I would get bored reading it to them becuase I usually do with dinosaur books but my 7yr old boy has a thing for them so I read many dino books to him :) We started reading it and before I knew it we were almost done. It was so fun to read to them and like I said they LOVED it. The best thing about it was that we had our bibles open and readind directly after.

Another good creation dino book is "Dinosaurs Unleashed" by Kyle Butt and Eric Lyons. This one you will have to try and view before hand though because some of the pics scared my daughter (4yr old). It gives scripture too. My son likes me to read him this one while his little sis is napping (or resting).

Do you want science-type dino books, or fun dino books?

My DD is very into the science side (theistic evolution), but also still loves the "How do Dinosaurs" series (How do dinosaurs clean their rooms, say goodnight, get well soon...), Dinosaurs Galore (dino poems), Tyrannosaurus was a Beast (ditto), and the Dinosaur Cove series of chapter books (a little on the Twaddly side, I must admit). The last doesn't get into evolution, but is more the "old-Earth" as far as plant life and geographic details.

If you want reviews, we've read EVERY dino book our public library has in the juvenile non-fiction section and own dozens.

When Dragons Hearts were Good by Buddy Davis is a fun read.

The Lost World Adventures (based on Characters by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle) http://www.amazon.com/Lost-World-Adventures-Mark-Smith/dp/0890512779/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1271295272&sr=8-3 is also a fun read. It's more of a chapter type book, but it was a great hit when my dd & ds were 8 & 7 respectively.